Every act of eating can be a choice that you make.
Join this group to learn a mindfulness-based approach to eating that can reduce overeating, emotional eating and binge eating. Learn about clinically proven techniques and skills of mindfulness-based eating awareness.
Each experiential group session will include group discussions, activities and exercises to experience and practice mindfulness-based eating along with brief meditations on eating, hunger, cravings, and loving kindness.
Reasons to participate:
- I feel out of control with food and eating
- I eat large amounts of food even when I am not hungry
- I experience negative emotions during and after eating
- I use food to deal with stress
- I have had little or no success with dieting and exercise plans
- I habitually eat too fast, feel stuffed and uncomfortable after eating
Research shows that participation in a six-week mindfulness-based eating group can result in:
- less stress in relation to eating and food
- a greater sense of well-being
- a greater sense of self-satisfaction and self-esteem
- a decreased sense of being controlled by food
Class includes: Educational handouts, Meditations
Dates and times: Six-week program on the following dates from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm:
- February 13th
- February 20th
- February 27th
- March 6th
- March 27th
- April 3rd
Location: Better Health Better Health at Inner Balance Pelvic Health and Wellness Center
Cost: The fee for this group is $45.00 per session ($270 for 6 weeks) and may be covered by your insurance company with or without a copayment. Please have your insurance information available when registering and/or call your insurance to check for eligibility.